TIJARIA POLYPIPES LIMITED
ANNUAL REPORT 2011-2012
MANAGEMENT DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS
Tijaria Polypipes Ltd. manufacturer of high grade HDPE Pipes, MDPE, LDPE,
LLDPE, uPVC and PP-R pipes, under the registered brand name of 'Tijaria'
and 'Vikas'. The company produces a stupendous product range in the field
of plastic, HDPE Pipes, Sprinkler system, drip-irrigation, micro
irrigation, PVC Pipes, SWR pipes, telecommunications etc.
The Indian plastic industry has taken great strides. In the last few
decades, the industry has grown to the status of a leading sector in the
country with a sizable base. The material is gaining notable importance in
different spheres of activity and the per capita consumption is increasing
at a fast pace. Continuous advancements and developments in polymer
technology, processing machineries, expertise, and cost effective
manufacturing is fast replacing the typical materials in different segments
The country has an estimated production capacity of 4500 thousand metric
tons annually. Of this, 60-70% accounts for the production of polyethylene
(PE) and polypropylene (PP). India with 4 Kg per capita consumption per
year ranks eighth in the world against world average of 20 Kgs & developed
nations above 100 Kgs. The industry demand is expected to touch 12.4
million tons by 2010-11, becoming third largest consumer after US and
China. The polymer industry is growing at about 12-15% annually. (Sources:
India-exports.com, Global demand-Report from Freedonia Group)
Company's main operation is Manufacturing and selling of Plastic Extruded
pipes. Recently the company has started the production of POY and DTY yarns
which are the key products of its diversification Project. Soon the Company
is going to start the production of Mink Blankets. These products are part
of Textile Industry and Indian Textile Industry is one the leading textile
industries of the world. India earns about 27% of its total foreign
exchange through textile exports. The Indian textile Industry contributes
about 14% to Industrial production and 4% to the country's Gross Domestic
Products. (GDP). The Industry provides direct employment to over 35 million
people and is the second largest provider of employment after agriculture.
Export of textile grew to US$ 26.8 billion in FY 2010 from US$ 17.6 billion
in FY 06.
Man-made textiles (POY and DTY are part of it.) cover 18% of total textile
Industry of India. The potential size of the Indian textile Industry is
expected to reach US$ 220 billion by 2020. (Sources: Corporate Catalyst
Various products being offered by the company are as follows.
EXISTING PRODUCT RANGE:
The company offers an array of plastic and plastic based High Density,
Medium Density and low density pipes, ducts, coils, electric conduit pipes
* HDPE PIPES (HIGH DENSITY POLYETYLENE PIPES)
* PVC PIPES (POLY VINYL CHLORIDE PIPES)
* LLDPE PIPES (LINEAR LOW DENSITY POLYETHYLENE PIPES)
* HDPE DWC PIPES (DOUBLE WALLED CORRUGATED PIPES)
* PLB HDPE DUCTS (PERMANENTLY LUBRICATED HDPE DUCTS)
* MDPE PIPES (MEDIUM DENSITY POLY ETHYLENE PIPES)
* PET (POLYETHYLENE TEREPHTHALATE) GRANULES
* MICRO/DRIP IRRIGATION SYSTEM
* SWR PIPES & FITTINGS
* PPR (POLY PROPYLENE RANDOM) PIPES & FITTINGS
* HDPE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
PRODUCTS OF DIVERSIFICATION PROJECT:
The Company has launched various new products which are as follows:-
PARTIALLY ORIENTED YARN (POY)
DRAW TEXTURISED YARN (DTY)
The production for POY and DTY yarn has already been started in full
fledged. The machinery for Mink Blanket is also under installation. The
commercial production of Mink Blankets is proposed to be started by
SWOT ANALYSIS & CONCLUSION:
* The company is a profit making unit having sound financials over the past
years and an established marketing net work.
* Promoters are experienced and have been in this line for last 18-19
* The fine quality of the products has been acknowledged and acclaimed by
the Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, Govt., of India;
* The company is a proud winner of National Award - 2008 for Quality
Production and National Award-2010 for Outstanding entrepreneurship.
* The products manufactured by the company conform to various Indian as
well as International Standards and are well acceptable in the market.
Majorly all its products are BIS certified.
* Diversification of activity is being under taken viewing good demand of
the products, potential market of the same overseas and wide applicability
and uses of the products;
* The company is an ISO-9001:2008 & ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
* The market is well represented by the company in all segments. The
company is participating in tenders and supplying the products to
government enterprises like BSNL, MTNL and other infrastructure companies,
and in private sector to Reliance Communication, Aircel etc. in bulk and
selling the products in the retail segment through 250 dealers spread in 7
states in the country. The company shall be able to reap benefits of the
marketing network in the diversification plans also.
* Easy availability of raw material
* The raw material of diversified products is being manufactured in-house.
* With the implementation of the proposed project, the Company will reap
the benefits of economies of scale due to optimum utilization of the
* Satisfactory organizational set-up with experienced and well qualified
* Strong marketing network with low selling and distribution costs.
* The company is new to the Industry in which the diversification is being
* Due to initial stage of diversification project, the company could not
manage to make profit this financial year. Rather the company had to suffer
loss in the FY of 2011-12.
* The prices of raw material and finished goods move in tandem with
international prices which in turn have positive co-relation with the
prices of petro-chemical products.
* With tariffs proposed to come down in India over a period of time, it is
expected that raw material costs will be comparable to those prevailing in
the international market;
* The various products being manufactured like POY and DTY find wide
applicability, hence may open new avenues for the company;
* The largest supplier of the diversification products, China has more
consumption in the domestic market, hence the demand supply gap can be met
by the companies like ours, which shall have spare production eligible for
* Mink Blankets are majorly being imported from Korea and china as of now.
Hence our production of Mink Blankets would be providing Blankets in
domestic markets on the most competitive prices.
* With the changed Govt., policies of countries like Turkey & Brazil, the
exports being made by China shall get shifted to other countries;
* With the growing demand in the world market, more and more players are
likely to come into this line which may result in diluting the anticipated
market share of the company;
* The overall negative impact of the global economies/slowdown in economic
growth in India at anytime may hamper the plans and performance of the
* Exchange Rate Fluctuations may have impact on the performance of the
* A significant change in the Govt., of India's economic liberalization and
de-regulation policies or key industries regulations, the risk could
disrupt the business of the Company;
* Fluctuations in prices of Raw material may affect the profit margins.
* Fluctuations in prices and availability of energy, freight and other
operating inputs may affect the margins of the Company;
Having regard to the contents, the company has been doing fairly well in
last financial years. Only the FY 2011-12 was not profitable and that too
was because of the fact that the diversified project was under process. The
machines were being installed and trial runs were being taken. The project
was in its initial stage.
The new project of Tijaria Polypipes Ltd. is Technically Feasible and
Economically Viable. The activity is, however, observed sensitive to
variations in raw material and selling prices.
The main facet which makes the project socially viable also is its
uniqueness and interesting concept. The project entails manufacturing of
polyester yarn-POY, polyester texturized yarn and sheets are directly being
manufactured by using recycled PET material, which are manufactured by PET
flakes from PET bottles which are generally neglected and thrown restlessly
in our society. This renders the project socially responsible and
Further, other types of value added products like Mink blankets will also
be produced. For this the machines are being installed and production is
proposed to be started by Sep. 2012. Another important feature is the cost
of raw material. The raw material which is being used is less expensive
compared to virgin raw material and government also supports use of
recycled eco friendly material by way of bestowing various duty exemptions.
This will in turn have positive effect on viability and profitability of
the project beyond any doubts. In conclusion, the company shall be to
contributing towards country's green revolution as well.