GPT Infraprojects Limited, the flagship company of the GPT Group, listed at Rs98.70 on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) under Scrip Code: 533761, Scrip ID: GPTINFRA. The company is already listed in Calcutta Stock Exchange & UP Stock Exchange since 1986.
At the close of the day, the company’s market capitalization stands at around Rs1.43bn. The shares of GPT Infraprojects ended the day at rS98.70. The volume on the BSE stood at 10,201 shares.
By listing on BSE, GPT Infraprojects has provided an opportunity for investors to participate in the equity of an infrastructure company based out of India having strong presence in Railways and also having exposure in International markets of Africa and South East Asia. The Kolkata-based company has been consistently paying dividends to its shareholders. The promoter group holds 74.77% shares in the company while a private equity fund (Nine Rivers Capital Limited), corporate entities and retail shareholders holds the remaining 25.23%.
The Sales and Net Profit of the company has grown at a CAGR of around 47% and 93% respectively over the last 3 years up to FY 2011. Net Sales for fiscal FY 2010-11 was at ` 433 crores, a jump of 25% as compared to ` 346 crores for the year ended March 31st, 2010. The Order Book of the Company as on November 30, 2011 stands at Rs17.67bn including international contracts in Africa and South Asia.
Speaking on the occasion, DP Tantia, Chairman, GPT Infraprojects, “We are elated to be listed on one of India`s premier exchanges. The listing will not only provide an opportunity for institutional and retail investors to participate in our growth story but will also provide our existing shareholders to trade in the market