SBI General Insurance has won the Rising Star Insurer Award for 2012 during recently held The Indian Insurance Awards 2012.
Mr Belle, CEO & MD and Rob Logie, Deputy CEO, received the award. The insurer which started its business operations in 2010 has notched the award based on its innovative business strategy, channel partners, financial strength, technology innovation and broad base of product portfolio – all focused on customer delight.
Further within a short span, the company had established a pan-India foot print and is emerging as a strong contender in the general insurance segment of the market.
Mr Belle said, “Our industry is in the midst of major changes and a great time to be in business. We are focused on serving our customers with value products and innovative services. Our people’s commitment and hard work in the journey so far has made this possible. They are the true winners.’
The annual Indian Insurance Awards are meant to honour the performance of top Indian insurance companies in India. The panel of jury members included Mr SB Mathur, Secretary General, Life Insurance Council; Mr R. Chandrasekaran, Secretary General, General Insurance Council; Mr Vepa Kamesam, Managing Director, Institute of Insurance and Risk Management.
SBI General Insurance is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). SBI owns 74% of the total capital and IAG the remaining 26%.