Vimal Kedia, Managing Director, Manjushree Technopack Limited started his career in 1977 in Assam with a small umbrella business. He forayed into the plastic manufacturing industry in 1984. Right from manufacturing Flexible Laminates to commissioning of the PET Bottle manufacturing unit in Bangalore, he has been instrumental in the consistent growth of the company. Currently, he looks into strategic business planning, marketing, commercial and financial aspects of the company.
Manjushree Technopack Ltd is involved in the manufacture of specialty plastic packaging products for domestic /export markets, it caters to the needs of leading companies in the FMCG, Pharma and Food & Beverages sectors. Established in 1984, Manjushree has built expertise in all kinds of rigid plastic packaging solutions, including – PET, PP, Multilayer-barrier containers and PET Preforms that utilize European, Japanese and Canadian technologies. In the last year, it has commissioned two more state of the art Husky System for PET Preforms and four ASB blow moulding machines to manufacture PET bottles for the beverage and bottled water industry.
Speaking with Yash Ved of IIFL, Vimal Kedia says, "The current capacity of Manjushree Technopack stands at 50,000 MTPA and is expected to grow to 1,00,000 MTPA by 2015,with the commissioning of new plants in Bangalore."
Comment on your Q3 Performance?
This year has seen us reach greater heights and the Rs 3bn turnover is a significant landmark for us. It is only a year ago that we crossed Rs. 2bn. Our strong focus on innovation has seen us introduce new designs like the short-neck preforms, and we expect significant demand, particularly from the beverages segment, for such designs. We hope to close the next year at over Rs 4bn.
We also witnessed a 100% increase in our exports last year and we expect it to double this year as well owing to the huge demand for PET Preforms from countries like USA, South and West Africa and Thailand.
What is the current capacity of Manjushree Technopack?
The current capacity of Manjushree Technopack stands at 50,000 MTPA (largest in the country). This is expected to grow to 1,00,000 MTPA by 2015, with the commissioning of new plants in Bangalore.
Comment on your capex plans?
Our current capex stands at Rs1.50bn.
We have received funding from SBI for Rs. 920mn and the balance is by internal accruals.
What are your plans for power sector?
We recently set up a 3 MW wind power plant at Belgaum, Karnataka, as part of our long term plan to gain energy security.
We also plan to distribute the power to state electricity supply companies.
In the next 3 years, we plan to increase generation capacity to 20 MW.
Brief us about your financials?
The company has reported results for the fourth quarter ended 31st March 2012.
The turnover stood at Rs. 875.9mn in Q4 as compared to Rs. 673.6mn in the corresponding quarter last year, showcasing an increase by 30%. PBT in Q4 stood at Rs. 98.2mn as compared to Rs 55mn registered in the same quarter, last year, showing an increase by 78% and PAT was at Rs. 65.6mn as compared to Rs. 36.1mn, registering an increase by 82%.
What is your outlook for FY13?
We are very bullish because we have added large capacities last year. Our new manufacturing facility will be operational by October this year.
We have also received orders from USL; there are new customers coming in and we expect good demand this year. We expect FY13 to be a brighter and better year.
Are you planning to expand regions globally?
We are looking for large opportunities in markets like Vietnam and Africa for exports.
What is the revenue mix?
About 94% of our revenue comes from domestic business and the remaining 6% from exports.