Talent demand grew by 8 per cent during August 2016, as hiring activity revived across key sectors, reveals latest RecruiteX, the recruitment index by TimesJobs.com. were the top hiring sectors during August 2016.
“The RecruiteX trend for job growth from last year shows a 4% drop during August 2015. A surge of 8% during the same period this year is a clear indication of a flourishing economy lead by job growth in the key sectors of healthcare, construction, BPO/ITeS, BFSI and manufacturing. Government employment generation and entrepreneurial initiatives in the private sector have started showing results and we anticipate a similar recruitment trend in times ahead,” says Nilanjan Roy, Head of Strategy, Times Business Solutions.
- Healthcare sector reported over 30% rise in talent demand
- Doctors/medical professional posted 30% rise in demand
- Demand up by 21% for professionals with 10-20 years of experience
- Among metros, Bengaluru leads demand with 18% rise in demand
Healthcare top hiring sector
Healthcare sector emerged as the top employment generator with over 30% rise in talent demand. The media and entertainment sector registered a growth of 16% during August 2016. Among other key sectors, the BFSI sector witnessed 9% rise and IT/telecom sector posted 8% rise in talent demand during the month.
- BPO/ITeS sector reported 13% increase in demand
- Manufacturing industry registered 12% rise in demand
- Hiring up by 6% in the automobile sector
Medical professionals in demand
Demand for doctors and medical professionals grew significantly during August 2016. The profile posted a 30% rise in demand during the month. Entertainment/media/journalism professionals saw 27% rise in demand. Business management, consultants and freelancers reported a 22% increase in demand during August.
- Biotechnology and pharmaceutical profile saw 21% rise in demand
- Engineers reported 11% increase in demand
- Hospitality professionals witnessed 19% rise in demand
Experienced professionals in demand
The demand for professionals with more than 5 years of experience reported a significant 17% rise during August 2016. Candidates with 10-20 years of experience witnessed the maximum rise (21%) in demand during the month. This category has registered a consistent average 11% rise in the last three months. Demand for candidates with less than 2 years of experience also reported a rise of 9%.
- Demand for candidates with over 20 years of experience increased by 19%
- Candidates with 5-10 years of experience posted 11% rise in demand
- Candidates with 2-5 years of experience posted 7% rise in demand
Bengaluru best performing metro
Among metros, talent demand was highest in Bengaluru. The city posted a rise of 18% in talent demand during August 2016. It was followed by Chennai with a 13% rise and Delhi-NCR with 12% rise in talent demand. Among top ten, Lucknow was the top hiring location with a rise of 22% in talent demand.
- Hyderabad posted 15% rise in demand
- Ahmedabad registered 14% increase in demand
- Among states, Gujarat (except Ahmedabad and Vadodara) witnessed 7% rise in demand