BSE Ltd. (formerly known as Bombay Stock Exchange) welcomed the Vikram Samvat Year 2069 with much fanfare and panache. The Lakshmi Pooja and the Muhurat Trading Session on Tuesday, November 13, 2012 from 3.45 p.m. to 5.00 p.m. was graced by a lot of recognized personalities from broking fraternity, corporates and bollywood too. Actor’s Suresh Oberoi & Vivek Oberoi were at the Exchange for the ‘Opening Bell’.
On the backdrop of festive mood, BSE commenced its evening by felicitating top volume brokers in Equity, Derivatives, Mutual Fund, Fixed Income, Settlement of Corporate Bonds segments and IPO / FPO /OFS, Mutual Fund, SMEMembers.
The names appear alphabetically:
Top Performer in Equity Segment ( Retail )
1. Adroit Financial Service Pvt.Ltd.
2. Angel Broking Ltd.
3. Arcadia Share & Stock Brokers Pvt.Ltd.
4. ASE Capital Market Ltd.
5. Bonanza Portfolio Ltd.
6. JM Financial Services Pvt.Ltd.
7. Marwadi Shares & Finance Ltd.
8. Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd.
9. OPG Securities Pvt.Ltd.
10. Religare Securities Ltd.
Top Performer in Equity Segment ( Retail FI)
1. Antique Stock Broking Ltd.
2. Axis Capital Ltd. 3. India Infoline ltd
Top performer in Equity Segment (FII)
1. CLSA India Ltd.
2. Kotak Securities Ltd.
3. Morgan Stanley IndiaCo.Pvt.Ltd.
Top performer in Equity Segment (Algo)
1. Crosseas Capital Services Pvt. Ltd.
2. RKSV Securities India Private Limited
Top performer in Derivatives Segment (Retail)
1. M.J.Patel Share & Stock Brokers Ltd.
2. Master Capital Services Ltd.
3. Pelf Finstock Ltd.
4. Quant Securities Pvt Ltd.
5. Salasar Stock Broking Ltd.
6. Samruddhi Stock Brokers Ltd.
7. Sankalp Share Brokers Pvt. Ltd
8. Swastika Investmart Limited.
9. Tradeswift Broking Pvt.Ltd.
Top performer in Derivatives Segment (FII)
1. Citigroup Global Market India Pvt. Ltd.
2. DSP Merrill Lynch Ltd. ( Equity & Derivatives Segment - FII)
Top performer in Derivatives Segment (Algo)
1. East India Securities Ltd.
2. Edelweiss Securities Ltd. (Derivatives Segment - Retail & Algo )
3. Mansukh Stock Brokers Ltd.( Derivatives Segment - Retail & Algo )
Top performer in Corporate Bonds Segment (Retail)
1. ASE Capital Market Ltd.
2. Edelweiss Securities Pvt Ltd.
3. Kotak Securities Ltd.
Top performer in Wholesale Debt Market Segment
1. Derivium Tradition Securities ( India) Pvt Ltd.
2. LKP Securities Ltd.
3. Trust Financial Consultancy Services Private Ltd.
Top performer in Corporate Bonds Settlement
1. Biral Sum Life Assets Management Company Ltd.
2. IDFC Assets Management CompanyLtd.
3. Indiabulls Financial Services Ltd.
Top performer in Primary Market IPO/FPO BIDS - Members
1. Axis Capital Ltd.
2. JM Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
3. Kotak Securities Ltd.
Top performer in Primary Market IPO/FPO BIDS – Banks
1. Bank Of India
2. Deutsche Bank AG
3. State Bank Of India
Top performer in OFS ( Offer for Sale )
1. ICICI Securities Ltd.
2. HDFC Securities Ltd.
3. Morgan Stanley India Company Pvt Ltd.
Top performer in Mutual Fund Segment
1. Motilal Oswal Securities Ltd.
2. NJ India Invest Pvt. Ltd.
3. SPS Share Brokers Pvt. Ltd.
Top performer in SME Segment
1. Aryaman Financial Services Ltd.
2. Comfort Securities Ltd
3. Guiness Merchant Bankers Pvt Ltd
Muhurat (auspicious) 'Muhurat trading' marks the beginning of the new trading year for the Gujarati community, who form the bulk of share brokers in India.
For the trading communities the new financial year begins with Diwali. That is the reason pooja is performed for account books, safes and tijoris on Dhanteras as well as on Diwali day. A coin is placed on the account books before the pooja which is supposed to signify wealth, and the coin is preserved and again used in the pooja in the next Diwali.
The stock brokers perform "Chopra Pooja" at the exchange and a customary 'Muhurat Trading' trading takes place at the stock exchange. The story goes that on the night of Lakshmi Pooja, the Goddess comes to reside at the place of the pooja, that is the reason the traders and shopkeepers keep awake with lights burning all night to welcome Lakshmi any time she chooses to come.