The European Central Bank policymakers held preliminary discussions regarding the future policy stance and a gradual withdrawal of the massive stimulus during the September 6-7 policy session, the minutes of the meeting showed Thursday. Members had a very preliminary exchange of views about the future monetary policy stance and the considerations that might guide a recalibration of instruments and the transmission channels through which they shape financial conditions and the outlook for price stability, the minutes, which the ECB calls the accounts, said. While there was broad agreement among policymakers that there was still the need for substantial monetary policy support to return inflation to below, but close to 2 percent, they were more confident that the price growth target would be achieved given the dissipation of deflationary risks and a stronger economy.
Powered by Commodity Insights
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.