Bajaj Finserv Ltd's consolidated revenue for the quarter came in at Rs8,829.35cr, up by 25.4% yoy. The premium and other operating income from insurance business increased by 18.3% yoy to Rs5,147.91cr in Q4FY18. The claims incurred pertaining to insurance business increased by 26.4% yoy to Rs3,537.37cr in Q4FY18. The consolidated net profit after tax for the quarter came in at Rs1,113.83cr, which increased by 36% yoy. The revenue and the net profit of the company for the quarter were in-line with the street estimates.
• The profit after tax for Bajaj Finance Ltd (~54.99% stake) increased by 61% yoy to Rs721cr and for Bajaj Allianz General Insurance (74%) increased by 13% yoy to Rs187cr, in Q4FY18. The shareholders profit after tax for Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance came in at Rs171cr in Q4FY18 vis-à-vis Rs198cr in Q4FY17.
• It is highest ever quarterly revenue and profit after tax reported by Bajaj Finance Ltd and Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Ltd.
• Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited: (BAGIC)
o Gross written premium (excluding crop insurance) for Q4FY18 increased by 22% yoy to Rs2,184cr vis-à-vis Rs1,796cr in Q3FY17.
o During Q4FY18, BAGIC wrote crop insurance of Rs580cr vs. Rs464cr in Q4FY17.
o Investment and other income for Q4FY18 stood at Rs244cr vs. Rs212cr in Q4FY17.
o PAT for Q4FY18 increased by 13% yoy to Rs187cr vs. Rs165cr in Q4FY17.
o Claim ratio stood at 67.9% in Q4FY18 vs. 67.1% in Q4FY17.
o Combined ratio stood at 93.4% in Q4FY18 vs. 92.7% in Q4FY17.
o As on March 31, 2018, solvency ratio stood at 276%.
• Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Company Limited: (BALIC)
o New business premium stood at Rs1,394cr in Q4FY18 vs. Rs1,161cr in Q4FY17, an increase of 20% yoy.
o Renewal premium for Q4FY18 was at Rs1,296cr vs. Rs1,087cr in Q4FY17, an increase of 17% yoy. Persistency for the 13th month improved significantly from 68% in FY17 to 77% in FY18.
o The profit after tax of the company came it at Rs171cr, down by 14% yoy.
o The solvency ratio of the company stood at 592% as on March 31, 2018.
o The AUM as of March 31, 2018 was ~Rs51,970cr.
• Boards of BAGIC and BALIC have declared dividends of 100% and 70% respectively. BFS will receive dividend of Rs82cr and Rs78cr from them respectively in FY19 after approval by the shareholders of BAGIC and BALIC.
Bajaj Finserv Ltd is currently trading at Rs. 5,566.40, up by 248.45 points or 4.67% from its previous closing of Rs. 5,317.95 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 5,383 and has touched a high and low of Rs. 5,600 and Rs. 5,286.80 respectively. So far 4,20,525 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock is currently trading below its 50 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.