Rashtriya Chemicals and Fertilizers Ltd's standalone revenue for Q4FY18 came in at Rs1,970.93cr, down by 11.1% yoy. The operating profit for the quarter came in at Rs24.80cr, down significantly by 77.4% yoy. The EBITDA margin contracted by ~369bps yoy to 1.3% in Q4FY18. The adjusted net loss after tax for Q4FY18 came in at Rs12.97cr as against net profit of Rs54.23cr in Q4FY17.
• Gross profit margin of the company for Q4FY18 increased by ~318bps yoy to 53.7% on account of likely improvement in product mix and price hikes on products. The EBITDA margin declined on account of lower sales volumes for the quarter.
• Finance cost increased significantly by 53.1% yoy to Rs26.08cr in Q4FY18.
• Power and Fuel cost for the company went up substantially by 16.3% yoy to Rs621.01cr in Q4FY18 resulting to lower net profit.
• Revenue from fertilizers segment decreased by 10.6% yoy to Rs1,725.07cr and segment EBIT was down by 92.6% yoy to Rs6.49cr, in Q4FY18. The EBIT margin declined substantially by ~417bps to 0.4% in Q4FY18.
• The industrial chemicals segment increased substantially in terms of revenue by 18.5% yoy to Rs231.85cr in Q4FY18. The segment EBIT increased by 8% to Rs9.85cr in Q4FY18. The EBIT margin stood at 4.2% for Q4FY18 as against 4.7% for Q4FY17.
• Exceptional items accounted by the company (FY18; not forming part of above net profit calculation) are:
o Net fair value gain of Rs107.94cr on account of valuation of development right certificate towards surrender of land.
o Past service cost of gratuity amounting to Rs108.06cr on account of increase in gratuity limits in-line with DPE guidelines for wage revision.
• Board of directors of the company recommended a dividend of Rs0.6 per share.
Rashtriya Chemicals & Fertilizers Ltd ended at Rs. 74.25, up by 4.25 points or 6.07% from its previous closing of Rs. 70 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 71.35 and touched a high and low of Rs. 75.40 and Rs. 71.35 respectively. A total of 45,72,447 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock traded above its 200 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.