Suzlon Energy has reported poor numbers in Q4FY18. Suzlon Energy’s Q4FY18 consolidated sales (including other operating income) dropped by 55.1% yoy to Rs2,244.5cr from Rs4,999.3cr in Q4FY17. EBITDA has declined by78.9% yoy to Rs218.3cr from Rs1,032.9cr in Q4FY17, while EBITDA margin dropped from 20.66% in Q4FY17 to 9.7% in Q4FY18. The company reported net loss of Rs469.9cr in Q4FY18. vs. net profit of Rs588.8cr in Q4FY17.
• Raw material cost has declined by 57.4% yoy.
• Employee cost too has declined by 27.4% yoy.
• Adjusting for foreign exchange gain/loss, EBITDA de-grew by 55.7% yoy, while EBITDA margin has dropped by mere 20bps to 14.23% in Q4FY18.
• Finance cost has increased by 80% yoy to Rs619.9cr, while other income declined by 38.1% yoy to Rs15.2cr. This resulted in 180% drop in net profit.
• Order backlog at the end of the quarter stands at 1,203MW (includes more than 700MW of frame agreements backed by advance, PPA signed but pending ratification).
• The company has converted US$375mn FCCBs (69% of total) till date. The numbers of shares post full conversion will stand at 599cr shares.
• Consolidated net term debt (excluding FCCB) stands at Rs6,037cr. Working capital debt currently is at Rs3,889cr.
• The company expects to generate Rs12,000-13,000cr of revenues and EBITDA margin of 14% (excluding forex gains/loss) in FY19E. It also targets to reduce debt by 30-40% in the current financial year.
Suzlon Energy Ltd ended at Rs. 9.43, down by 0.08 points or 0.84% from its previous closing of Rs. 9.51 on the BSE.
The scrip opened at Rs. 9.40 and touched a high and low of Rs. 9.63 and Rs. 9.30 respectively. A total of 2,34,75,629 (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter. The stock traded above its 200 DMA.
Please use the temporary password sent on your email id or mobile no.
Update Mobile no.
Why you need to update your Mobile number ?
By providing verified mobile number we provide more exclusive information in the website.
Update Mobile no.
Terms & Conditions
By clicking on submit button, you authorize IIFL & its representatives & agents to provide information about various products, offers and services provided by IIFL through any mode including telephone calls, SMS, letters etc. . you confirm that laws in relation to unsolicited communication referred in National Do Not Call Registry as laid down by Telecom Regulatory Authority of India will not be applicable for such information/ communication.