Commerzbank also beat Oct-Dec profit forecasts. However, the stocks fell 1% as the bank said it needed to take more steps to get back to sustainable growth.
The pan-European Stoxx 600 was 0.3% higher with most sectors trading positive.
Shares in the oil sector also rose tracking firm crude oil prices. Thomas Cook dropped as much as 9.5% after reporting a cautious outlook for 2017 amid the political and economic uncertainty in Europe.
UK’s FTSE 100 increased 6.35 points or 0.09% to 7,195.17, France’s CAC increased 23.73 points or 0.5% to 4,790.33 and Germany’s DAX increased 56.34 points or 0.49% to 11,599.72.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.