It may be recalled here that Datta is the brains behind the successful launch of the Reliance Industries Ltd-promoted domestic football league, the Indian Super League.
“Datta has taken charge since the mid-July. With his arrival, my role will be limited to strategy and planning apart from preparing ABD for the INR 1,000 crore IPO,” Deepak Roy, current executive vice-chairman and CEO said.
Both Roy and Datta were colleagues at Diageo before Roy moved on to UB.
Before joining The Kishore Chhabria-run liquor major ABD, Datta was heading Kellogg’s South Africa operations and prior to that he was heading the American cereal major’s operations in India.
Apart from Officer’s Choice whisky ABD’s portfolio of brands includes Jolly Roger Rum, Lord & Master Brandy, Class 21 Vodka and Wodka Gorbatschow. It has five company-owned and three contracted bottling plants besides a distillery in Andhra Pradesh with 15 sales offices across 22 states.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.