Similarly, other co-operatives had also been directed for opening of 100% accounts of milk producers/farmers by January 30, 2017.
Percentage of milk producers/farmers with bank accounts surged from 49.27% to 63.42% after demonetisation, due to which cashless transactions to milk producers/farmers hiked from 23.82% to 72.25% after demonetisation.
There are a whopping 1.70 lakh Dairy Co-operative Societies (DCS) at village level having 1.6 crore milk producers affiliated with 218 milk unions.
About 850 lakh litres per day milk is procured totally, out of which co-operative sector procures about 425 lakh litres per day and about 425 lakh litres per day is procured by the private sector.
The Central government periodically reviews and monitors the system related to the easing of payment to milk producers.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.