On Monday, the BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, opened 111 points higher at 27,427, and just did not bother to look much back, as the index march from strength-to-strength as the day progressed. The key benchmark indices are now re-testing the long-term (200-day) moving averages.
The Sensex touched a high of 27,782, and finally ended with a solid gain of 414 points at 27,730. In the process, the BSE index has also registered its longest winning streak in over four months, gaining as much as 5.2 percent (1,359 points) in the last seven trading sessions.
The NSE Nifty soared to a high of 8,369, and eventually ended with a gain of 128 points at 8,353. The 200-DMA for the Nifty stands around 8,360. The NSE benchmark has rallied 3.9 percent (388 points) in the last seven days.
The India VIX (Volatility) index jumped by 2.7 percent to 15.4875.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.