Non-farm payrolls rose by 156,000 last month, the US Labour Department said on Friday. This number is higher than the base target of 100,000 jobs a month, highlighted by US Fed Chair Janet Yellen recently.
Meanwhile, oil producing companies posted losses as prices of crude oil dropped after a three-day advance on concerns whether or not major oil exporting countries would stick to their plan of cutting production.
The Japanese market is shut today on account of Coming-of-Age Day.
Meanwhile, Shanghai Composite is trading in green. South Korea’s Kospi index is at 2,049 points (down 0.01%) and Indonesia’s Jakarta Composite is at 5,338 points (down 0.16%).
Taiwan’s Taiex at 9,341 points (down 0.33%), Singapore’s Straits Times at 2,976 points (up 0.46%), Hong Kong’s Hang Seng at 22,520 points (up 0.08%) and Singapore Nifty at 8,267 points (up 0.01%).
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.