S&P/ASX 200 ended in the negative territory slipping 1.6 points or 0.03% at 5,743 levels. Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index rose 1.20% or 329 points at 27,848 levels.
On the mainland, the Shanghai Composite jumped 1.83% or 60 points to close at 3,331 level. Shenzen Composite gained 106 points or 1% at 10,659 level.
Investors awaited Friday speeches from US Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen and European Central Bank President Mario Draghi at an annual central bankers meeting in Jackson Hole. Despite the interest in the central bankers speeches, economists said major changes in monetary policy are unlikely.
In corporate news, Toshiba has been offered $1.9 trillion yen (USD 17.4 billion) for its memory chip unit. The offer was made by a consortium including Western Digital and Innovation Network Corp of Japan, among others.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.