According to the data released by the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI), the total AUM as on August 31 was Rs 20.60 lakh crore.
AUM of the MF industry had doubled in the last three years, increasing from Rs 10.1 lakh crore in August 2014 to the current Rs 20.60 lakh crore.
Over the last few years, the regulator has been taking measures to increase mutual fund penetration in the smaller cities and getting newer investors into the fold by allowing for an additional 30 basis point expense and 2 basis points towards investor education.
Small investors are also eyeing to invest in mutual funds though Systematic Investment Plans (SIP). At present, the industry receives around Rs 5,000 crore per month via SIPs. The figure was around Rs 3,497 in August 2016 and Rs 3,122 in April 2016.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.