Following the news built up, the stock of the company rose by over 15% in the early trading hours of Monday.
Media reports state that the company is debt-laden, and has been referred by the Reserve Bank of India for liquidation under the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC). The company had given up on the plan to set up a greenfield steel project in Odisha. This was due to the delay in acquisition of land and allocation of iron mines.
Bhushan Steel harbors a capacity to produce 5.6 million tonnes but is laden with a debt of Rs 44,478 Cr. The company holds a significant presence in auto steel categories.
By planning the acquisition, ArcelorMittal is eyeing for an opportunity to set foot in the Indian Steel Industry.
Bhushan Steel Ltd is currently trading at Rs 68.4, up by Rs 10.2 or 17.53% from its previous closing of Rs 58.2 on the BSE. The scrip opened at Rs 65 and has touched a high and low of Rs 69.8 and Rs 64.05 respectively. So far 63.11 lakh (NSE+BSE) shares were traded on the counter.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.