Although, there has been a surge in inventory in the ready to move category, stated the study.
The report said that H1CY17 witnessed a resurrection of affordable housing as the launch of housing projects under Rs 50 lakh stood at 71% versus 52% (YoY).
According to the report, NCR and Ahmedabad were among the most affected with launches plummeting 73% and 79%. NCR, Kolkata, Pune and Ahmedabad contributed 80% of the sub-category of under Rs 50 lakh launches.
It further stated that barring Chennai, new projects dried up in all the eight major cities. Chennai realty market recorded 4% YoY rise in launches.
The primary reason cited for the decline was the need for RERA compliance, which has put a break on a large section of new projects, the report added.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.