According to the American Petroleum Institute the inventory rose by 14.2 million barrel in the week, which was higher than expected.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed down by 35 points, whereas the S&P 500 and Nasdaq ended in green, gaining 1.59 points and 8.24 points respectively.
Apple closed near all time high. The banking stocks were under pressure and lost 1% continuing their three day losing streak.
The investors kept a close eye on the earnings, which was also one of the factors driving the markets.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.