EC releases snapshot of Indian Electorate for 2014 General Elections

India Infoline News Service | Mumbai |

Out of this, the 28 states together accounts for 98.27% of electors while the 7 Union Territories together accounts for the remaining 1.73%.

The electoral data as per the final publication of summary revision 2014 released by the Election Commission of India on 14th February, 2014 shows that there are a total of 814,591,184 registered electors in the country. Out of this, the 28 states together accounts for 98.27% of electors while the 7 Union Territories together accounts for the remaining 1.73%. Among the UTs, the National Capital Territory of Delhi accounts for 1.48%, the other six UTs constituting 0.253% of the Indian electorate. Among states, Uttar Pradesh with more than 13.43 crore electors or 16.49% of the national electorate has the largest number of electors, while Sikkim with around 3.62 lakh electors or 0.044% of the national electorate has the smallest number of electors.

Table 1: Distribution of the Indian Electorate across States and UTs

State / UT

Number of Electors
No: of Electors as Percentage of
Total Indian Electorate
% of Electors having EPIC
Andaman & Nicobar Islands 257,856 0.032% 98.54%
Andhra Pradesh 62,385,949 7.659%  100.00%
Arunachal Pradesh 753,216 0.092% 97.60%
Assam 18,723,032 2.298% 0.00%
Bihar 62,108,447 7.624% 90.60%
Chandigarh 580,700 0.071% 99.95%
Chattisgarh 17,521,563 2.151% 95.67%
Dadra & Nagar Haveli 188,783 0.023% 99.99%
Daman & Diu 102,260 0.013% 96.01%
Goa 1,043,304 0.128% 98.66%
Gujarat 39,871,571 4.895% 99.96%
Haryana 15,594,427 1.914% 100.00%
Himachal Pradesh 4,674,187 0.574% 100.00%
Jammu & Kashmir 6,933,118 0.851% 86.86%
Jharkhand 19,948,683 2.449% 99.55%
Karnataka 44,694,658 5.487% 99.23%
Kerala 23,792,270 2.921% 100.00%
Lakshadweep 47,972 0.006% 100.00%
Madhya Pradesh 47,544,647 5.837% 100.00%
Maharashtra 78,966,642 9.694% 91.60%
Manipur 1,739,005 0.213% 99.62%
Meghalaya 1,553,028 0.191% 100.00%
Mizoram 696,448 0.085% 100.00%
Nagaland 1,174,663 0.144% 0.00%
NCT OF Delhi 12,060,493 1.481% 100.00%
Odisha 28,880,803 3.545% 97.33%
Puducherry 885,458 0.109% 100.00%
Punjab 19,207,230 2.358% 100.00%
Rajasthan 42,559,543 5.225% 99.74%
Sikkim 362,326 0.044% 100.00%
Tamil Nadu 53,752,682 6.599% 100.00%
Tripura 2,379,541 0.292% 100.00%
Uttar Pradesh 134,351,297 16.493% 99.92%
Uttarakhand 6,786,394 0.833% 100.00%
West Bengal 62,468,988 7.669% 100.00%
Total 814,591,184 100.000% 95.64%
Data Source: Election Commission of India (data as on February 14, 2014) 

Figure 1: State-wise Distribution of the Indian Electorate



Figure 2: UT-wise Distribution of the Indian Electorate



 

Advertisements

  • Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
  • Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
  • Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
  • Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
  • Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.