The pan-European Stoxx 600 ended over 1% lower to a five-month low with almost all sectors in negative territory. For the week, the benchmark slipped 2.6%.
U.K.’s FTSE 100, the German DAX and the French CAC 40 all dropped more than 2.3% this week.
Geopolitical concerns took centre stage once again after President Donald Trump issued a new round of comments against North Korea. Trump said on Thursday that his first threat to unleash "fire and fury" may not have been tough enough.
The Labour Department said that its Consumer Price Index inched up 0.1% last month, pointing to subdued inflation which could make Federal Reserve policy makers cautious regarding another interest rate hike in 2017.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.