The pan-European Stoxx 600 edged up 0.17% shortly after the opening bell with almost all sectors and major bourses in positive territory.
Shares of Securitas was the top performer in the region, up 4.2%, after the company reported robust Jul-Sep earnings.
Healthcare stocks were the best performers up by 0.36% on earnings news. Dutch health and technology company, Philips, reported that its core profits rose 12% to 532 million euros ($626.11 million) in the third quarter.
Germany's DAX gained 32 points, UK's FTSE 100 is trading marginally down, while France's CAC-40 rose 11 points.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.