Frozen shrimp maintained its position as the top contributor with 38.28% share in quantity and 64.50% of the total earnings in terms of USD from seafood exports. An increase of 16.21% in terms of quantity and 20.33% in terms of USD has been recorded over the previous year.
The demand from the European Union of Indian marine products grew substantially during this period while US and South-East Asia continued to be the major importers. The overall export of shrimp alone was pegged at 4,34,484 MT worth USD 3,726.36 million during 2016-17.
US was the largest import market for frozen shrimp (1,65,827 MT), followed by the EU (77,178 MT), South East Asia (1,05,763 MT), Japan (31,284 MT), Middle East (19,554MT), China (7818MT) and other countries (27,063 MT), it added.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.