Generally, when the combined open interest in its derivative contracts crosses 95% of the market-wide position limit, a stock goes under the ban in F&O.
Once in ban period trade is allowed only to decrease positions, basically no new contracts/fresh positions are allowed.
The normal trading in the stock resumes only after the aggregate open interest across exchanges comes down to 80% or below of the market-wide position limit.
On Tuesday’s trading session, Jaiprakash Associates was up by 8.4%, GMR Infra was up by 3.6%, HDIL was up by 1%, Kaveri Seeds was up by 1%, OBC was up by 1.9%, Ujiivan Financial Services was up by 0.9%
On the other hand, Infibeam was down by 0.03%, Indiabulls Real Estate was down by 0.2%.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.