Federal Reserve’s, Chairwoman, Janet Yellen had stated last week that if jobs and inflation data are held up, the central bank is poised to increase the interest rates.
Investors are now preparing for the increase in US interest rates.
Spot gold was up by 0.12% at USD 1202 an ounce. Gold has seen its biggest weekly loss in four months this week, owing to the anticipation of an interest rate hike.
Gold is very sensitive to rising US interest rates since it increases the opportunity cost of holding the non-yielding bullion.
Among other precious metals, silver declined by 0.44% at 16.87 per ounce; Palladium declined by 0.25% at USD 744.9 per ounce; and Platinum increased by 0.24% at USD 934.49 on Friday.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.