The Finance Ministry clarified that a “Letter of Undertaking” will have to be submitted in place of a bond, for exporting both goods or services. Small exporters had brought to the notice of the government the difficulties in furnishing bond with requisite bank guarantee, said a Finance Ministry release.
To facilitate exports under GST, it has been decided that the facility of furnishing Letter of Undertaking, in place of a bond, for exporting goods or services or both shall be allowed to exporters and no bank guarantee will be required, it said.
The relevant notification for this shall be issued in due course. The issue of cash blockage is expected to be partially addressed by this measure. More measures are under consideration, it added.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.