Stating that the merger process goes through various stages, including approvals from the CCI, SEBI, NCLT and telecom department, Sood said, "We feel all of them are on track and in fact, we are going ahead of schedule".
Earlier this year, Vodafone India and Idea Cellular had agreed to merge their operations to create the country's largest telecom operator worth of more than USD 23 billion with a 35% market share.
Meanwhile, Idea Cellular was trading at Rs 75.40 per share, down by Rs 0.60 or 0.79% as at 1227 hours on Wednesday, on the BSE. The stock hit an intraday high and low of Rs 76.45 and Rs 75, respectively.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.