The Indices of Industrial Production for the Mining, Manufacturing and Electricity sectors for the month of August 2017 stand at 92.7, 123.3 and 155.4 respectively, with the corresponding growth rates of 9.4%, 3.1% and 8.3 % as compared to August 2016. The cumulative growth in these three sectors during April-August 2017 over the corresponding period of 2016 has been 3.3%, 1.6% and 6.2% respectively.
The industry group ‘Manufacture of computer, electronic and optical products’ has shown the highest positive growth of 24.9% followed by 16.5% in ‘Manufacture of pharmaceuticals, medicinal chemical and botanical products’ and 11.1% in ‘Manufacture of other transport equipment’.
On the other hand, the industry group ‘Manufacture of furniture’ has shown the highest negative growth of -16% followed by -15.1% in ‘Manufacture of tobacco products’ and - 11.4% in ‘Printing and reproduction of recorded media’.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.