The crucial three-day meeting of the all-powerful GST Council, will decide on the tax rate and sort out issues like compensation formula for rollout of the new indirect tax regime from April 1, 2017. (BL)
The Centre is likely to propose a four tier-tax structure under the goods and service tax (GST) with a peak slab of 26%. Almost a fourth of all taxable goods, including those consumed by the middle class, may come under the peak rate. (BS)
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.