The Ministry also said that it expects more airlines to express interest in buying Air India's stakes.
“Indigo has formally written to us showing interest in Air India. IndiGo can bid for Air India once formal bid opens," Aviation Secretary R N Chaubey said.
Earlier on Wednesday, the Union Cabinet gave an in-principle nod for divestment of the debt-burdened Air India.
"Air India has a debt of Rs 50,000 crore. Its valuation of aircraft's will be at Rs 20,000-25,000 crore. The civil aviation ministry is exploring all possibilities," said Finance Minister Arun Jaitley on Wednesday.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.