However, the names of these companies, who are expected to be large business houses, have not been revealed till now. The RBI is expected to give out directives to the banks regarding the 12 companies or NPA accounts to begin the proceedings.
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code introduced in 2016, sanctions the “reorganisation and insolvency resolution of corporate persons, partnership firms and individuals” and has specific provisions for the insolvency procedure, which may even lead to resolution or liquidation. While, on receiving the names of these 12 defaulters, the lead bank in the joint lender forums (JLFs) will further forward the case to the National Companies Law Tribunal (NCLT).
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.