The charges are not meant for making profit, said TRAI.
"To my understanding there is no connection between stress in the telecom sector and IUC rates because rates cannot be profit vertical for any company. You get compensated for whatever work you do. Whether you are handling one call or 10 calls, you are not being paid less or being paid more. You don't make a loss or profit," it reported quoting RS Sharma, Chairman, TRAI. He was responding to a query regarding the IUC charges at the first ever India Mobile Congress.
Telecom services providers currently charge 14 paise a minute for allowing a domestic call from a rival operator to terminate on their network. This charge, called Interconnection Usage Charge or IUC, will be 6 paise per minute from October 1, 2017.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.