The BSE benchmark index, the Sensex, had opened with a positive gap of 118 points at 27,668. The index touched a low of 27,643, before resuming its uptrend for the day. Frenzied buying in the second half of the trading session saw the BSE index soar to a high of 28,101. The Sensex finally ended with a solid gain of 518 points at 28,067.
The NSE Nifty opened with positive gap of nearly 50 points at 8,402, and rallied past the 8,500-level to a high of 8,530 towards the end of the trading session. The Nifty eventually settled with a huge gain of 163 points at 8,519. The India VIX (Volatility) index slumped nearly 6 percent to 16.02.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.