The NSE Nifty closed with a gain of 38 points at 7,499. The NSE Nifty opened at 7,457 hitting a high of 7,508 and low of 7,405.
The India VIX (Volatility) index was down 2.74% to 17.1150.
The Indian Rupee was trading up by 17 paise at 67.40 per US dollar.
On the global front, China's Shanghai Composite index ended marginally higher 0.21% and Hang Seng closed down.
In Europe, the FTSE 100 marginally up 0.12%. On the other hand, DAX and the CAC 40 were trading up 0.3% each.
ICICI Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, ITC, Cipla, Infosys, Axis Bank and Tech Mahindra were among the gainers on NSE, whereas Hindalco, Vedanta, Asian Paints, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Yes Bank, Cairn India, Idea Cellular were among the losers today.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.