At 3:30 PM, the S&P BSE Sensex ended trade at 32,607, up by 100 points, while NSE Nifty closed at 10,207 up by 22 points.
The BSE Mid-cap Index closed 0.21% higher at 16,181 whereas BSE Small-cap Index ended trade up by 0.56% at 17,191.
Zee Entertainment, Asian Paints, SBI Bank, NTPC, and ONGC are among the gainers, whereas Tata Motors, Indusland Bank, YES Bank, HCL and Infosys have ended on a negative note on NSE.
Some buying seen in Basic Materials, Telecom, Utilities, Power and Reality while Healthcare, IT, Consumer Durables and Auto show weakness on the BSE.
The INDIA VIX is down by 5.67% at 11.63.
Out of 1,974 stocks traded on the NSE, 936 advanced, 743 declined, and 295 remained unchanged today.
A total of 91 stocks registered a fresh 52-week high in trade today, while 17 stocks touched a new 52-week low on the NSE.
Closing Bell: Gainers: Zee (+7%), Asian Paints (+5%), SBI (+3.5%). Losers: HCL Tech (-3%), Yes Bank, Tech Mahindra (-2%).
Nifty IT Index slips 1%. HCL Tech, Tech Mahindra (-2%), Infy (-1.5%).
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.