Indian equity market surged to record highs after government announced Rs 2.11 lakh crore recapitalisation package to strengthen the NPA-hit public sector banks.
Bank Index remained bullish, pushing the market to new highs. On the contrary, Reality and Consumer Durables lost steam.
At 3:30 PM, the S&P BSE Sensex is trading at 33,042 up by 435 points, while NSE Nifty is trading at 10,295 up by 87 points.
The BSE Mid-cap Index ended trade by rising up by 0.42% at 16,249 whereas BSE Small-cap Index traded down by 0.19% at 17,159.
SBI, ICICI Bank, L&T, Axis Bank, and Ultra Cement are among the gainers, whereas Bajaj Finance, Yes Bank, Indiabulls Housing Finance, Kotak Bank, and HDFC Bank were losers on NSE today.
Some buying seen in Basic Materials, Bank, Finance, Industrials, Capital Goods, and Power while Consumer Durables, Healthcare, and Reality sectors showed weakness on the BSE.
The INDIA VIX is up by 1.83% at 11.8.
Out of 1,971 stocks traded on the NSE, 700 advanced, 978 declined, and 294 remained unchanged today.
A total of 74 stocks registered a fresh 52-week high in trade today, while 22 stocks touched a new 52-week low on the NSE.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.