SAIL plunged 3.5 per cent to Rs. 67.60. Hindalco and Orissa Mines tumbled over 2 per cent each to Rs. 150 and Rs. 2,878, respectively.
Tata Steel shed 1.7 per cent at Rs. 345, and Jindal Saw dropped 1.3 per cent to Rs. 75.75. Hindustan Copper and GMDC were the other major losers.
The benchmark BSE Sensex closed down 261 points at 28,747, while NSE Nifty ended 83 points lower at 8,684 today.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.