Bipin Preet Singh, Co-founder, MobiKwik said, “We appreciate NHAI’s support in making wallet payments ubiquitous in India. Commuters across the country can soon pay cashless at all toll plazas using their MobiKwik wallet. We have taken this step in the wake of demonetization, to avoid congestion at highways, owing to the ill effects of cash crunch.”
Post demonetization, NHAI has announced no charge at all toll plazas in India till December 2, 2016. However, the scarcity of physical cash is expected to impact the smooth traffic at tolls after this date, given that masses are still struggling to procure cash. To solve this issue, MobiKwik has been roped in to digitize toll plazas in India.
In times of note ban paralysing payments for the country, MobiKwik has taken many initiatives to ease the common man’s life. The company was the first in the financial sector in India, to announce FREE bank transfers, that motivated millions of sellers and buyers to transact cashless.
How can users pay at toll plazas with MobiKwik?
- Open your MobiKwik app
- Scan the QR code on the toll plaza
- Upon scanning of the code, MobiKwik app will show the name of the toll plaza along with the lane number
- Enter the amount communicated by the toll operator
- Enter the vehicle number
- Press pay
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.