The fund houses are optimistic over the Indian industry’s performance for the rest of the fiscal, while expecting investments from new investors to fuel the growth of the economy.
MF managers invested a net sum of Rs 11,244 crore in the bourses in April and Rs 9,358 crore in the month in May, totalling to Rs 20,602 crore.
This comes over the top of over Rs 51,000 crore investment in stock in 2016-17. In comparison, FPIs bought equities worth Rs 10,000 crore during the same period.
As per market observers, the mutual fund industry is set to grow exponentially and investors in India are warming up to the idea of investing in equity as an asset class.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.