“Every developer in the world will benefit from using Postman,” said Jishnu Bhattacharjee, Managing Director of Nexus Venture Partners and Postman board member.
“Postman is at the very center of the industry of connected software and poised for huge growth,” he said.
Explosive Growth in APIs
Since the introduction of the first Postman app in 2012, Postman has become the industry standard for Application Programming Interface (API) development, with more than three million active installations and a customer base that includes more than 1.5 million active monthly users at 30,000 companies.
This company growth mirrors the huge growth of the API industry: according to ProgrammableWeb, the number of public APIs has grown from just over 5,000 in January 2012 to a current count of nearly 16,000.
“We created Postman to address issues that I confronted personally as a developer, and our overwhelming market acceptance shows that this was a critical need,” commented. The need for Postman in an API developer’s workflow will only grow as this market expands,” Abhinav Asthana, CEO and co-founder of Postman.
Postman provides free apps for Chrome, Mac and Windows, available for download on the Postman website. Postman’s paid product, Postman Cloud, is a subscription service that provides additional collaboration, testing and documentation tools for both small and large development teams.
Widespread Adoption of Postman
Postman helps developers run, test, document and share APIs quickly, easily and accurately, providing users with a more effective toolchain for their API development. This robust functionality has driven worldwide acceptance of Postman. Nearly half of the 3+ million users employ Postman as part of their regular API workflow, and API publishers regularly recommend Postman to developers who are new to their API.
Postman counts Box, Walgreens, Intuit, IBM, VMware and Apigee among its users. In addition, Postman is used by:
- 61 of the Fortune 100 companies
- Nine of the top ten cloud computing companies in the world
- Nine of the ten largest retailers
- Six of the ten largest manufacturing companies
- Three of the “Big Four” accounting firms
- Eight of the largest ten telecom companies
“Postman’s apps are downloaded more than 10,000 times every day. Our tool is for developers, by developers, and our goal is to make the API workflow better for everyone,” added Asthana.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.