The Sensex, Nifty erased losses from Wednesday, when the central bank left rates unchanged, as predicted by most economists.
Gas stocks ended higher. GAIL surged 8.5% to hit a fresh record high, while Mahanagar Gas, Indraprastha Gas and Petronet LNG rallied 3-5%.
At 3:41 PM, the Sensex closed higher by 352 points or 1.08% at 32,949, while the Nifty50 gained 123 points or 1.22% to 10,167.
GAIL (+8.5%), Airtel (+7%), UPL (+5%), Tech Mahindra (+5.1%), Airtel (+4.7%) and Asian Paints (+3.5%) were the top gainers on the Nifty50.
Coal India (-0.7%), TCS (-0.6%), Cipla (-0.4%), and Wipro (-0.5%) were the top losers.
India VIX dropped 5.40%.
Out of 1,989 stocks traded on the NSE, 1,219 advanced, 474 declined and 296 remained unchanged today.
A total of 53 stocks registered a 52-week high, while 20 stocks touched a new 52-week low on the NSE.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.