There were 933 advances, 706 declines and 325 unchanged stocks on NSE indicating positive breadth floating in the market. India VIX ended lower by 1.52% at 11.62 level.
In the broader markets, BSE Mid-cap index closed at 15,691 level, up by 77 points, while BSE Small-cap index closed at 16,449 level, up by 128 points. Bank Nifty ended at 24,058 level, down by 55 points or 0.23%.
Selling activity was seen in sectors including IT, FMCG, Telecom and Auto, while all the other sectoral indices on BSE closed in the positive territory. Nifty Media index was the top gaining index ending at 3012 level, up by 0.60%. Nifty Financial Services index ended lower by 0.44% at 9956 level.
Punjab National Bank was the top gainer in the Bank Nifty index atRs 132.70 per share up 2.12%. IDFC Bank and IDFC Bank were also among the top gainers on the index ending higher by 1%.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.