In two blocks deals, 16.1 lakh shares of the company were traded at Rs 164-164.50 per share on NSE during early hours of Thursday. NTPC has attracted a total traded volume of 1,44,55,770 shares and traded value of Rs 237.91 crore as of 0924 hours on Thursday. The stock has lost around 5% in the past three trading sessions. It was the top loser on the BSE Power index. BSE Power index was trading at 2,240 level, marginally down by 0.18%.
The government has raised around Rs 9,000 crore through the share sale in the company. The government currently owns 69.74% stake in NTPC. Post the OFS, the shareholding of government would come down to 63.1%.
Meanwhile, Nifty was trading marginally lower by 4 points at 9,879 level, while Sensex was trading at 31,612 level, down by 34 points. HDFC twins and Infosys have been dragging down the major indices in the early morning trade on Thursday.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.