“Using the technological advancements in the IT and telecom sector we will soon be starting online home delivery of diesel and petrol,” Pradhan tweeted on Wednesday, reported a leading business daily.
The Indian Oil Corporation had said they will launch the diesel home delivery within two months. Oil marketing companies have been waiting for clearances for their products from the petroleum and explosives safety organisation.
The minister further added, that there are 4 crore consumers as against one lakh retail outlets for petroleum products and the industry has an annual turnover of Rs 6.5 lakh crore.
However, this innovation of home delivering diesel has already been taken up by the Bengaluru startup, MyPetrolPump. The start-up delivers diesel at selected areas of the city to the residents who order or pre-book refuelling at any time.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.