On the economy front, India’s WPI in the month of September 2016 softened to 3.57% compared to 3.74% in the previous month. Also, retail inflation eased sharply to 4.31% in September, the slowest in more than a year, from 5.05% from August, mainly on account of a sharp fall in food prices.
The Indian currency ended higher by 23 paise at 66.70/$. The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) reference rate for the dollar stood at 66.84 and for the Euro stood at 73.68. The RBI’s reference rate for the Yen stood at 64.23; reference rate for the Great Britain Pound (GBP) stood at 81.4811.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.