The capacity utilization so far in the sector has remained stagnant at 70% over last year. However, green shoots were visible in Oil & Gas, Cement and Steel sectors. Inquiries from consumption sectors (Auto, FMCG, Consumer Durables) as well as Pharma increased in the last quarter. Performance in the international markets was a mixed bag. Despite tepid revenue growth, inflows and enquiries from South East Asia, Europe, USA and Africa increased during the year. The rise in material cost (steel, copper, etc) had a marginal impact on the profitability of the companies. However, companies like BHEL, Thermax having long gestation period orders, which include material cost pass through clauses did not face major impact. In FY18, interest built up for flue gas desulphurization (FGD) systems orders to be awarded by state utilities in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh. These orders have an opportunity of ~25,000 MW and expect to be awarded in FY19E.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.