As data demand rises and advanced use cases of IoT, AI, and immersive experiences emerge, digital networks need to deliver ultra-high bandwidth, low latency, and intelligence at the edge. Open RAN enables this massive evolution cost-effectively.
STL’s Accellus is built on this industry-leading converged optical-radio architecture. The company expects global adoption of this solution to accelerate at a rate of 250% YOY, driving better TCO for customers and gross margins for shareholders. Accellus will enable four core benefits for network creators - scalable & agile operations, faster time-to-market, lower TCO and greener networks.
Accellus will lead the industry’s transition from tightly integrated, proprietary products to vendorneutral and programmable converged wireless & fiber network solutions. It offers wireless and fiberbased converged solutions:
1. 5G multi-band radios: Comprehensive Open RAN radio portfolio with single-and multi-band macro radios. Co-developed in partnership with Facebook Connectivity to build general availability for Open RAN-based radios
2. Indoor small cells: O-RAN compliant, highly power-efficient indoor 5G small cell solution, with level 1 processing at the edge
3. Wi-Fi 6 Access Solutions: Outdoor Wi-Fi 6 radio solutions providing carrier-class public connectivity in dense environments
4. RAN Intelligent Controller (RIC): Operating system for Open RAN 5G that allows the Open RAN ecosystem to use third-party apps for operational improvement and cost-savings
5. Programmable FTTx (pFTTx): Comprehensive solution that brings programmability and software-defined networking to large scale FTTH, business, & cell site (FTTx) networks
Commenting on the launch of Accellus, Philip Laidler, Partner and Consulting Director, STL Partners, said: “One of the goals of O-RAN alliance was to broaden the RAN ecosystem and encourage innovation from a wider base of technology firms globally. STL’s recent announcement is the latest indication that this goal is being met.”
“Disaggregated 5G and FTTx networks based on open standards are increasingly prevalent for both greenfield & brownfield rollouts. These networks will require unprecedented scalability & agility, possible through an open and programmable architecture. STL’s Accellus will unlock business opportunities for our customers and deliver immersive digital experiences globally,” Chris Rice, CEO, Access Solutions, STL, said.
Sterlite Technologies Ltd trade on Wednesday ended at Rs272 per piece up by Rs0.5 or 0.18% from its previous closing of Rs271.50 per piece on the BSE.