This year, the tea industry is anticipating a good crop and therefore taking on some strong methods to restrict the further fall in prices.
For this, it is organising some roadshows in western, northern and central India to get in touch with the traders to examine the existing consumption pattern and through this tea, industries will also try to guess what sort of tea Indians prefer now.
Lower-end tea had got fair prices than premium tea in 2016. Which has been the main concern for tea producers who are into quality tea production.
In 2016, India had total production of 1,239 million kg compared to 1,208.66 million kg in 2015 as a result of favourable weather conditions, in January, this year the production was increased by almost 6%.
Industry experts are expecting good production this year.
Disclaimer: The contents herein is specifically prepared by ‘Dalal Street Investment Journal’, and is for your information & personal consumption only. India Infoline Limited or Dalal Street Investment Journal do not guarantee the accuracy, correctness, completeness or reliability of information contained herein and shall not be held responsible.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.