Introducing the Railway Budget for 2015-16 in Parliament today, Prabhu said, “Railways have limited resources and thus must ensure that all public expenditure results in an optimal outcome.”
The data on costing would be available online including costs incurred on constructing, augmenting, maintaining and operating railway lines. This would also help in undertaking post commissioning evaluation studies.
He informed the members that Railways proposes to have the train operations audited with a view to increasing productivity and bringing in transparency.
Railways is also proposing to expand paperless working in our material management system. In line with focus on ease of doing business, it will digitally integrate our vendors through Vendor Interface Management System to provide single window interface to vendors.
- Save upto Rs.2.67 lakh with Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana ...Know more
- Now Save Rs.3150 on your Demat Account ...Click here
- Now get IIFL Personal Loan in just 8* hours...APPLY NOW!
- Get the most detailed result analysis on the web - Real Fast!
- Actionable & Award-Winning Research on 500 Listed Indian Companies.